West Virginia Penitentiary
Time & Location
About the Event
Please Read All Info Before Purchasing
Join Haunted Nights on our first investigation inside the infamous West Virginia Penitentiary! Our night will begin with a 90 minute history tour of the building outlining the dark past of the penitentiary and its resident spirits. Guests MUST arrive between 7:15pm-7:45pm. At 7:45 the gates will be locked and you will not be able to access the event. We ask that you bring all your items in with you upon arrival. The gate will be locked prior to the tour. You will not be permitted to exit the front gate and return. There is ample space in the lobby and museum areas for your items.
Upon conclusion of the tour we will begin our investigation of this massive location. This event will be a free roam investigation, we will not be keeping you in certain areas of the penitentiary for specific time periods. We are able to allow these free roam investigations by keeping our numbers small for our events, there will only be 20 guests at this event! Guests are encouraged to bring any handheld paranormal investigative equipment they may have, no DVR camera systems will be permitted for this event. Don't have your own equipment? No problem, we have plenty of different pieces we can lend out to you for the night! Our Haunted Nights staff are experienced and knowledgeable investigators who will be glad to investigate with you throughout the night. Guests will have access to the most haunted areas of this penitentiary until 4am, giving everyone ample time to explore and experience the haunting for themselves! All guests must be 18 or older at the time of the event, no exceptions. Every guest must print out and sign BOTH the Paranormal License Agreement AND Haunted Nights Waiver prior to arrival. This speeds up check in for all guests!
All sales final. No refunds.
The infamous Gothic structure sitting on Jefferson Ave in Moundsville, West Virginia was first opened in 1876, but closed in 1995. Over its long history there have been riots, fires and the execution of nearly 100 prisoners through either hanging or electrocution. Along with the executions there were a total of 36 homicides within these stone walls. Now operating as a museum guests have long been reporting a large number of paranormal experiences. From disembodied voices, footsteps and cell doors slamming, to full bodied apparitions and the well known "shadow man". This location is sure to keep you on your toes all night!
Q: Is there an age requirement?
- Yes, all guests must be 18 or older.
Q: Is there a smoking section?
- Yes. There is a smoking section located on the south yard, adjacent to the brick tables.
Q: Where do we sleep?
- We prefer that you do not sleep! However, if you must take a little rest, you may do so in the lobby or museum areas.
Q: What else do I need to bring?
- Along with your ticket, please ensure every member of your group has a completed, signed, and dated paranormal license agreement along with the Haunted Nights waiver. You will turn them in to staff when you sign in. We appreciate them to be filled in prior to arrival, it helps make check-in more efficient and much quicker! A link to the paranormal license agreement and Haunted Nights Waiver can be found here: Paranormal License Agreement | Haunted Nights Waiver
Q: Can we bring snacks?
- Yes! Snacks & drinks are permitted (no alcohol)
- Investigation$125+$3.13 Service fee$125+$3.13 Service fee0$0