Mid Orange Correctional Facility
Time & Location
About the Event
Please Read All Info Before Purchasing
Join Haunted Nights on a return trip to investigate this massive historic location. The former Mid Orange Correctional Facility has recently been discovered as a hot spot for paranormal activity! Guests will be asked to arrive between 7-715, but no later than 7:15 PM for check-in and history of the location. The investigation will run from 8PM-4AM.
Claims of shadow people, disembodied voices, footsteps and full bodied apparitions are just some of the activity we can hope to experience inside this massive historic location! We will have access to 5 separate buildings and even a portion of the old tunnel system! Equipment such as k2 meters, rem pods and more will be available to use by guests throughout the investigation! Come explore these haunted halls and see what you can experience for yourself!
All sales final. No refunds.
The site originally was a vocational training school and reformatory for boys from the 1930s to 1970s on 740 acres, with frontage on Wickham Lake. The State Training School for Boys officially opened on July 1, 1932, although many of the buildings were not completed until two years later. The facility housed as many as 500 boys, although 400 usually were in residence. Most of the boys were between 13 and 15 years old, although some boys as old as 19 lied about their age to avoid prison time. The program included vocational and academic training and work assignments in the kitchen, maintenance and grounds keeping or working on the farm.
The facilities were converted to an all-male medium security prison in 1976, when it was renamed the Mid-Orange Correctional Facility. The first inmates arrived there on June 29, 1977. The facility held as many as 1,000 adult males in 1989, but the typical population number around 750 inmates. It remained in that capacity until June 2011, when New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the facility would be closed along with six other state prisons.
Q: Is there an age requirement?
- Yes, all guests must be 15 or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Q: Where do we sleep?
- There are no sleeping areas during this event.
Q: What else do I need to bring?
- Along with your ticket, please ensure every member of your group has a completed, signed, and dated a Mid Orange Correctional Facility Wavier along with a Haunted Nights waiver. You will turn them in to staff when you sign in. We appreciate them to be filled in prior to arrival, it helps make check-in more efficient and much quicker! A link to both waivers can be found here: Mid Orange Waiver | Haunted Nights Waiver
Q: Can we bring snacks?
- Yes! Snacks & drinks are permitted (no alcohol)
Photo Credit: Darren Ketchum
- Investigation$95+$2.38 Service fee$95+$2.38 Service fee0$0